CHi Fitness is a Malaysia’s Best Loved fitness center. With 15 location and 400 employees throughout the country, we strive to offer a premium product that keeps customers fit and happy! As a business, we realize that our first customer is our employee. We strive to offer them the same level of service and support that we offer our customers, and in turn want CHi Fitness to be not just a great place to workout, but a great place to work!
The Human Resources Manager controls and monitors the administration of all Human Resource activities and policies of over 400 staff at 15 different locations across the country. You are the keystone of our brand, and your role will be pertinent in building a strong team with a deep understanding of our company culture.
This person will help create systems that our company is lacking, and improve upon and develop systems, including:
- Employee files
- Overseeing staff development plan
- Overseeing staffing and recruiting for club level and managerial positions
- Managing the Payroll & Commissions teams
- Advising on intricate staffing issues
This person must be knowledgeable about national laws and regulations surrounding employment in Malaysia, have a personable attitude, and able to work effectively with staff and other suppliers to maintain standards set forth by the company.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Develops and administers various human resources plan and procedures for all company personnel
- Responsible in verifying and processing of payroll for both basic and commission and statutory payment
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Assists with financial tasks
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and function well under pressure
- Ensures compliance with all national and state employment laws
- Maintains and updates employee files and database
- Ability to be objective in all situations
- 3-5 years previous Human Resource Management experience is essential
- Previous experience managing multiple outlets or job locations is essential
- In-depth knowledge of HR2000
- Knowledge of Malaysian labor laws pertinent
- Knowledge of the fitness industry a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General office and administrative management experience
- Experience with conflict management
- Proven ability to deliver high quality customer service and support
- High proficiency with standard word processing, spreadsheet, database, graphics, and presentation software
- Able to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Professional, enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude
Ability to multi-task, complete detail-oriented task.